BRIAN M. SCHWARTZ, ESQ.
Brian M. Schwartz, Esq. is the founding member of the firm. He has been dedicated exclusively to the practice of family law since receiving his law degree in 1993. Amongst his many accomplishments:
• Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association Family Law Section 2013-2014
• Former Executive Editor of the New Jersey Family Lawyer
• Legislative Recognition Award, 2006 and 2013
• Moderator for the prestigious Family Law Symposium in 2014, as well as a featured speaker at the Symposium in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2020
• Faculty member in the inaugural American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) Expert Witness Skills Workshop in Washington, D.C.; returning as a faculty member in 2012 in Chicago, 2013 in Seattle, 2014 in New Orleans and 2016 in Denver
• Member of the Matrimonial Lawyers Alliance, a group of less than 50 elite Family Law Attorneys from throughout New Jersey
• Barrister in the North Jersey Family Law Inn of Court
• Named Best Lawyers in America® - 2011 - present
• Named Tier 1 Law Firm in Best Law Firms in America® 2012-present
• Named a Super Lawyer® – 2007 - present
• Named Top Ten Leader Under 45 in Matrimonial Law in Northern New Jersey – 2006 - 2013
In April 2017, in recognition of his significant contributions to the practice of family law, Brian was one of the youngest ever to receive the Saul Tischler Award from the New Jersey State Bar Association, presented for Lifetime Achievement in the advancement of Family Law.
Brian is also a frequent lecturer for various professional groups and has authored numerous articles for prominent publications. During his time as Chair of the Family Law Section, he actively contributed to the drafting and negotiation of new alimony law which was passed in September 2014. To help explain the process and the law itself, he wrote an article, “The Unauthorized, Unofficial Legislative History of New Jersey Alimony Reform 2014”, which appeared in the New Jersey Family Lawyer.
Brian received his J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and his B.A. from the George Washington University.